Here at Next Scene Films we are running a contest with an environmental twist, where you write the script, we make the film and plant a tree. Now in its second year, we are currently moving the 2018 winning script in to pre-production. Here are the results of the 2018 contest:
Winner: Still by Andrew Ward
2nd Place: Star Spangled Banner by Sophie Wang
3rd Place: Hum by Ivan Cush
To enter the 2019 contest, write a short script up to 5 minutes in length. With every entry we plant a tree via the Worldland Trust so you help the planet as you write. Your script can be any genre however we are shooting on a budget and will be on location in Edinburgh so write accordingly.
We will make your short film over the months to follow the winners announcement. We will also have finalists that will win free entry in to the following years contest.
You receive a writing credit for the short film that we will then enter in to festivals.
Terms & Conditions
1) 5 page screenplay maximum. (not including title page)
2) Laid out to industry standard.
3) Must be an original script.
4) Can be any genre however we would like to see stories promoting protecting the planet or environmental stories.
5) Set in maximum of two locations.
6) maximum of 4 characters.
7) No sex.
8) No excessive violence.
9) No alcohol.
10) No violence towards children or animals in any way.
11) No smoking.
12) No damage to the environment.
13) We are shooting on a budget so think about that whilst writing.
14) The winning screenwriter will give full permission to Next Scene Films to film their script and for Next Scene Films to produce a short film in the companies name.
15) You will receive a writing credit for the film.
16) We will enter this short film in to competitions. You will always get a writing credit and we will invite you along where possible to screenings.
17) You will receive a digital file of the film for your showreel.
18) With part of your payment we plant a tree via the Worldland Trust. The rest goes towards admin costs.
20) Finalists & winner to be announced 31st January 2020
We are constantly writing new scripts at Next Scene Films if you see a film that we shoot in the future that is close to a scripts you have entered, we will have not used your story in any way. Many stories can have similar storylines.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us via social media
How To Enter
- Next Scene Films Script & Short Film Contest proudly accepts entries via FilmFreeway.com, the world’s best online submission platform. FilmFreeway offers free HD online screeners, unlimited video storage, digital press kits, and more. Click to submit with FilmFreeway.
- First five entrants free with code: NSFC2019
- We also have 5 half price entries with code: NSFCHalfPrice